Self Guided Farm Tours & Market Season 2016
Our farm is a very popular destination for those who want to see how an organic sustainable farm works. The self guided interactive tour takes our “parade route” through the very heart of our farm. You begin with our pigs and continue leisurely visiting our turkeys, chickens and our dairy sheep. The greenhouses and gardens are always flourishing and they are wonderful to explore. We will take you behind the scenes of a thriving organic farm where you will be able to see firsthand how creating a sustainable “eco-system” is key to a successful farm. Here are some of the things you can experience on your tour:
- Appreciate the integrated system of our plants and animals – the ultimate in sustainability practices
- Meet and pet our farm animals. Chickens, turkeys, geese, ducks, cows, goats and sheep are all available to be held and petted in your tour.
- Learn about alternative heating methods for year-round growing
- Admire our strawberry towers – our specialized system for growing strawberries from spring until frost with hardly any weeds
- Meet our heritage turkeys and understand the importance of heritage breeds
- Learn how we boost the nutrient density in our produce and how you can do the same
- Find out about the perpetual greens harvest (our eternal salad bar) and learn how to create the same in your backyard
- Visit our patented Abundance Garden demonstration gardens
Self Guided Tour Information –
Hours – May 6 through October 30th, Thursday through Sunday 1-6pm
Cost – Tickets are $6 each (children 3 and under are free). Buy your tickets at the door!
Guided Farm Tours
The Guided Farm Tour is for those who want to tour as a group and is also a method for someone to book a tour outside of our regular drop-in hours. All reservations must be made 2 business days in advance. Contact the farm using the contact form below to book a guided farm tour or email us at info (at) thelivingfarm.org. The Guided Farm Tour rates are:
- Group of 1-5 people $25
- Group of 6-11 people $35
- Group of 12-23 people $70
- Group of 24-36 $140
If you have a group of over 36 people, please allow at least one week in advance to schedule your tour.
We are not subsidized by any separate businesses or organizations and we have to make the most of our daylight hours to keep the farm running. As great as it would be to run about entertaining everyone whenever they would like a tour we cannot sustain our fully functioning farm that way. In order to make the tours possible we have set specific times and prices so our tour guides are compensated for their time away from farming and our farm can stay pristine for your visit. We ask that you only come to the farm at the designated time of the tour – we cannot do unscheduled, impromptu tours.